Sunday, December 4, 2011

From DC to Florence

I feel the urge of writing a quick post after having received several comments such as "you'd better write something on your blog, was ages since your last entry". Well, fair enough. It has been ages and although I have good excuses for this, they all look very weak at the moment.

From DC to Florence. I am getting to spend two months researching in what is probably my favourite Italian city and things are going rather well. I am trying to collect as much as possible and check all the hints found at the Library of Congress. Trotting from archives to libraries trying to look and copy a large amount of material has left me with barely any time to organize the sources and, therefore, barely any ideas for blog entries.

Studying in Florence and dedicating myself full-time to research is making me re-think the whole project and is making me reconsider the approach I want to use. Being in Italy is also extremely useful to locate Vespucci-related publications I had not encountered before. This is the case of an extremely interesting article on the family chapel in Ognissanti I recently came across. It's taking me some time to translate this paper (German, argh!) but it will soon (yes people, soon!) be the object of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment